Introducing SGB Fraud Alerts
We continually monitor transactions on your SGB debit card for potential fraud. When we identify a transaction that may be fraud, we verify that transaction with you. In certain situations, we may block further use of your debit card until we receive confirmation from you that the transaction in question is legitimate. SGB Fraud Alerts establishes faster communication between us, verifying your transaction more quickly.
If SGB has your current mobile number, you are automatically enrolled in text alerts. Text message delivery alerts are the fastest way to reach you when you are using your debit card.
To opt out of text alerts, text STOP to 47334 upon the first text delivery of alerts:
Should you receive a text alert, you must reply acknowledging if the transaction is authorized or unauthorized. If you respond that a transaction is unauthorized (fraudulent), your debit card will no longer be available for use and any further transactions will be blocked immediately in an effort to prevent any further monetary losses. Also, a SGB representative will be in contact with you and a replacement card will be ordered.
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about SGB Fraud Alerts and what makes a transaction appear suspicious or unusual. And, please accept this friendly advice concerning the use of your Debit Card:
- Always inform SGB if you will be traveling and will be using your Debit Card.
- Please refrain from using your Debit Card for large purchases such as TVs, large appliances, home improvement items, etc.
- Please refrain from using your Debit Card to pay for hotel rooms or airline tickets.
- Always protect your Debit Card and PIN.
- Please keep in mind that some merchants pre-authorize transactions before the purchase is actually made. This is very common with pay-at-the-pump gas transactions and restaurants.