Online & Mobile Banking
Also, with SGB Business Online Banking, we provide you with all the financial tools to manage your business. Learn More about our cash management products and services.
- Account Information
- Funds Transfer
- Bill Payment
- View and pay your bills electronically, all in one place
- Make secure payments to any person or company anywhere, anytime
- Verify your account balance as you pay your bills
- Automate recurring payments to save time each month
- Receive emails and text reminders when bills are due
Online Banking Security
At SGB, protecting your personal account information is our top priority. We understand that the security of your private information is important to you. We also understand that our continued success as a financial institution relies on both our ability to offer banking services to you in a secure manner as well as your responsibility in keeping any access codes, passwords or PINs secure. To ensure we are offering Web-based banking services safely, we employ a number of measures, which are described below. These measures allow us, among other benefits, to properly authenticate your identity when you access these services and safeguard your information as it traverses the Internet between your PC and SGB. To learn more about protecting yourself from Identity theft click here!
Quicken® & QuickBooks®
Manage your money more effectively by integrating with Quicken and QuickBooks.
As an SGB Online Banking customer, you can use Web Connect to download your banking transactions into basic software or QuickBooks and manage your finances offline. You can also use Direct Connect to seamlessly integrate detailed transaction and balance information from SGB Online Banking into the QuickBooks/ Quicken accounting application, all without logging into Online Banking.
- Download your current balances and transactions for all checking, savings, and money market accounts.
- Click here for basic information about Bank Feeds for:
- View automatic reconciliation of data from one convenient location
- Save time by avoiding double entry of transactions and account information
It’s easy. To get started, you’ll need the following:
- Current year’s version or two prior years of Quicken or QuickBooks
- Internet Access
- SGB Online Banking User ID and Password
Quicken customers may find our Bank in the Financial Institution list as Southwest Georgia Bank.
QuickBooks customers may find our Bank in the Financial Institution list as Southwest Georgia Bank DC.
Have questions on how to use Quicken or QuickBooks? Visit the links below for Online Support or Click Here for step-by-step instructions.
Although the login does not occur on a secure HTML page, the login is, in fact, secure. We have all been well trained on how to check for security. We all look down at our status bar at the bottom of the browser to make sure there is a little lock or key that assures us that everything is secure before we send anything. Well now there’s a new rule to learn: data can be sent securely even if you don’t see these icons of security. When you fill out an information form, or application, or login, etc. you are filling out information on one page and the information is being sent to a second page. We see the security icons when the page that collects the information is secure. The information can be sent securely if the collection page is not secure, but the page where the information is sent to is secure. This is the method we use on home page logins. If you want to assure yourself that the information you are sending is secure and you don’t see a security icon, you can view the HTML source code. This may be intimidating for some, but all you have to do is search to find the word “action=.” This will show you the location of the page that the information will be sent to. If you see “action=’https://…’,” you know that it is being sent securely. If you see “action=’http://’,” you know it is not secure.
Your account information never travels the Internet without encryption protection. When you click on “login”, we encrypt your Online Banking ID and password using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, the highest level of Internet security available. A secure connection is established before your ID and password are transmitted and maintained for the duration of your Online Banking session.
Account Numbers Not Visible
Your account numbers never appear on any of the Online Banking screens. A “pseudo name” is used in place of an account number to maximize security. You can change your “pseudo” account name under the Options section of Online Banking.
Unique ID and Password
In order to access your accounts online, you must enter a unique ID and password. We strongly recommend that you choose a password that you can remember (without writing it down), but doesn’t use information that can be easily guessed by someone. Do not reveal your ID and password to anyone.
Our multi-factor authentication feature enhances our ability to verify your identity when you access Online Banking. You simply supply us with three questions and answers that only you know. If we detect unusual or uncharacteristic activity, we will ask you to answer your security questions to make sure that it’s really you.
Password Security Lock-out Feature
Password guessing is deterred with a lock-out feature. The system will automatically lock a user out of Online Banking when an incorrect password is used three times consecutively. If you accidentally activate this security feature by unintentionally mis-keying a password three times, contact Customer Service at 229-873-3783 or 1-888-683-2265 to reestablish the password. For example, a common mistake is having the CAPS LOCK on while keying in a password.
Automatic Log Off
After a 10 minute period of inactivity, the system will automatically log you off and you’ll be required to re-enter your User ID and password.
Please remember that e-mail is not secure against interception and you should be cautious when sending e-mail with sensitive information. If your information is sensitive and includes personal information such as your bank account number, credit card numbers or Social Security number, you may want to contact us by our secure e-mail connection at the Online Banking Message Center or use our Contact Us form or by phone.
How You Can Protect Your Internet Security
- Do not share your User ID or password with anyone, not even a bank employee.
- Change IDs and passwords as often as you wish. We recommend changing ID and password at least monthly.
- Select a password that is hard to guess by using random letters, numbers and symbols. Don’t use readily identifiable information such as your name, birth date, child’s name, etc.
- Do not use the “save password” option on your computer.
- Do not write down your password.
- Remember to log off when you’re finished banking online.
- For Cyber Security Best Practices Click Here for more info
Important note: While we continue to do everything possible to ensure the security of our system, we are not responsible for any breach of security that is outside of our control.
SGB Mobile Banking
- View account balances
- Review transaction history and account alerts
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds
- Locate nearby Southwest Georgia Bank branches and ATMs
SGB Mobile Deposit
SGB Mobile Deposit allows customers to deposit a check into any eligible Checking or Savings account anytime, anywhere with the SGB Mobile Banking app. Save yourself a trip to the Bank by depositing checks with your mobile device simply by taking a picture. It’s easy, safe, and most importantly, convenient!
- Make deposits 24 hours a day, even weekends and holidays! Deposits received by 8:00pm EST will be processed the same business day. Deposits received after 8:00pm EST, or on weekends or holidays, will be processed the next business day.
- Save time and gas by not having to drive to the Bank to deposit your check